In compliance with current legislation on personal data protection, the Lead Coordinator of Project "WILDSEA Europe" (Breakaway Travel SL – whose commercial denomination is Travelecoology) would like to inform you that the personal data collected in the forms contained on this site, as well as any data accessed by Travelecoology as a result of browsing, query, request or contract, or any transaction or operation made from this website will be stored in files under the responsibility of Travelecoology.
Travelecoology is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
- What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website, mobile applications and online services;
- Where we obtain the data from;
- What we do with that data;
- How we store the data;
- Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
- How we deal with your data protection rights;
- And how we comply with the data protection rules.
All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with Spanish and EU data protection laws.
“Travelecoology” (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “Travelecoology” in this policy) in this policy primarily refers to Breakaway Travel SL. Travelecoology is the “data controller” of all personal information that is collected and used about www.wildsea.eu customers for the purposes of Law 15/1999 of Personal Data Protection. Travelecoology is registered in Madrid (Spain) with VAT number B86189982.
What personal data we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, booking reference number, payment details and information about your access to our website.
We may collect personal data from you when you book an activity or Tour with us (either directly or indirectly through our trusted third party partners); or when you apply to become a Member of the WILDSEA Europe network and have request to use our platoform to list or sell your activities; create a user account; use our website and / or App and other websites accessible through our website and / or App; participate in a survey or competition; or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
a. Name, home address, e-mail address, telephone number;
b. Information related to your services booked;
c. Information you provide about your and your companions’ travel preferences in your user account;
d. Information about your purchases of our trusted members’ products and services;
e. Information about your use of our website and/or App;
f. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, chat service, calls, and social media.
g. Location, including real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer.
h. Information you provide regarding your activites and services.
Personal details about your physical or mental health, alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences are considered “sensitive” personal data under applicable data protection laws. We normally do not collect nor archive such data. We will process any such data only if you have given your explicit consent, or it is necessary (for instance if you request special assistance during an activity), or you have deliberately made it public.
Security of your Personal Data
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
a. Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your activities, Tours and packaged holidays;
b. Contacting you in the event of a time change or cancellation: we send you communications about the services you have asked for and any changes to such services. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of;
d. Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
e. Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during, and after your travel with us and to personalise the services we offer to you, such as special offers to your favourite destinations;
f. Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding our services, promotions and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the booking stage. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
g. Contractual agreements: if you are a Member operator of the WILDSEA Europe network, we use your information to deliver on our agreed commercial terms.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for. In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can enter into our contract of agency with you. We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses);
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person (e.g. in case of a medical emergency);
- It is in our legitimate interests in operating as a travel agent (e.g. for administrative purposes).
Only children aged 16 or over can provide their own consent. For children under this age, consent of the children’s’ parents or legal guardians is required.
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. in relation to claims for cancelled flights under EU Regulation 261/2004) or to deal with complaints, queries and to protect our legal rights in the event of a claim being made. For retention of information on your user account, please see the below section about your user account.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it. We will also consider if and how we can minimise over time the personal data that we use, and if we can anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you or identify you, in which case we may use that information without further notice to you.
Security of your Personal data
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The data you provide to us is protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
All payment details are transmitted over SSL across dedicated network infrastructure (Multiprotocol Label Switching-MPLS). We do not store any Payment data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be shared with other organizations within the WILDSEA Europe Partnership.
a. Government authorities, law enforcement bodies, regulators and airports in your itinerary or to which your flight may fly over for compliance with legal requirements;
b. Trusted service providers we are using to run our business such as our Member operators, cloud service and e-mail marketing service providers assisting our marketing team with running customer surveys and providing targeted marketing campaigns;
c. Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment and flight booking to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction;
d. Legal and other professional advisers, law courts and law enforcement bodies in all countries we operate in in order to enforce our legal rights in relation to our contract with you;
Your user account
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. Accordingly, children under 16 will not be permitted to open a user account. We will delete any user account created by a child under 16, as soon as are made aware of it.
You will have the option to stay signed-in into your user account by checking the “keep me logged in” box. This option will only apply to the computer / device and the browser that you're using when you select the box. If you do not wish to stay signed on a particular browser, simply sign out of your user account on that browser.
When our use of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the option to withdraw your consent to our processing and delete your personal data at any time by clicking on the “delete” buttons provided in your user account.
We will delete any information of a travel companion collected without the companion’s consent, as soon as we become aware of it.
We keep your personal information contained in your user account for as long as you hold the account. You may delete your user account by clicking on the “delete” button provided in the Settings of your account. Please note that general retention periods apply to any personal data we collected to enter into a contract with you or to perform that contract or because we have a legal obligation to process it.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; thus enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your reservation. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal information.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this policy. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The Spanish Agency for Data Protection is the lead data protection supervisory authority for Travelecoology as a Spanish data controller.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us at email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.